Quantum Blast Technologies, the leaders in portable wet abrasive blasting equipment now introduce the VAPR-Blast range of Wet Blast cabinets.
The VAPR-Blast Wet Blast Cabinet is a premium commercial grade machine that combines abrasive media, water and compressed air to achieve superior finishes on parts of different shapes and sizes.
Wet Blast Advantages
As opposed to dry blasters, the VAPR-Blast Wet Cabinet uses the vapour blasting method to encapsulate abrasive particles in fine droplets of water. This has several advantages:
The VAPR-Blast Wet Blast Cabinet is designed to be adaptable for different surfaces and finishes. The supply of abrasive, water and air can be finely adjusted to match the surface you are blasting.
The VAPR-Blast Wet Blast Cabinet is a true multi-media blaster. It can work with a range of abrasive media such as garnet, aluminium oxide, glass beads, plastic beads etc. in a range of mesh sizes depending on the surface and profile desired.
Flexibility and precise control in VAPR-Blast is part of the RapidBlast DNA. High quality valves, precise gauges and a carefully designed network of hoses, connections and valves provides superb performance and consistency.
Our Wet Blast Cabinet features a seal-less slurry pump which provides efficient flow and long durability. It doesn’t require pre-cleaning and has a very low abrasive impregnation risk.
In addition, the closed loop system of a wet blasting cabinet means lower running costs. It reduces the amount of media you need to buy and clean from the system. This makes the system both environmentally friendly and long-lasting.
• Power Supply: 240v 50Hz
• Power: 2.5kw
• Blasting Pressure: 30-125psi
• Connection for compressed air hose: Φ16mm
• Air Consumption (approx.): 1.5m³/min
• Working Pressure: 70-120psi
• Constructed with high quality stainless steel
• Heavy duty glandless slurry pump with polyurethane impeller
• Large side door
• Rubber lining inside
• Boron carbide nozzle
• Large viewing window, efficient wiper blade
With increased control of each variable, the Wet Blast Cabinet can be used for a wide variety of processes and surfaces. The Wet Blast Cabinet can be used to perform a variety of operations on a large variety of parts, for example:
• Oil and Gas
- Paint Stripping
- Degreasing (combined with coating removal)
- Die Cleaning
- Etching various surfaces
- Dust free Peening
- Cleaning parts such as engine blocks, motor cycle and bicycle parts
- Industrial Component cleaning
- Alloy wheels cleaning and polishing
- Surface activation/preparation for bonding or coating
- CNC machining (without leaving tool marks)
- And much, much more
For rust-prone materials, the RapidHold Superstrength Rust Inhibitor can be added to provide temporary rust protection during blasting.