Congratulations, on taking the first step to becoming your own boss by exploring the idea of starting your own mobile abrasive blasting business. So many people dream of starting their own business but never do anything about it.
If you want financial freedom and the freedom to choose your work hours and hate living life on other people’s terms, you may choose to start your own business. After all, those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them.
Here are a few guidelines on starting your own mobile abrasive blasting business:
- Know yourself: Know your true passion, your motivational level, the amount of money you can risk, and what you’re willing to do to run a successful mobile abrasive blasting business. How many hours a week will you work on an ongoing basis? How far out of your comfort zone are you willing to stretch?
- Find the right business for you. The old adage still works – find a need and fill it. The key to success is finding needs that you can fill, that you want to fill, and that are profitable for you. Mobile abrasive blasting has a huge range of applications across a wide variety of industries with diverse and growing needs.
- Research the market: Find the best sandblasting equipment supplier. Find out the applications of the product, the demand for the product or service, the needs of the customers and how much they are willing to pay for it.
- Research your competitors. To be successful, you need to research the competition of mobile abrasive blasting services in and around your area and the prices they charge. Continue to do this on an ongoing basis, too.
- Business Plan: Even if you don’t need financing, it is worthwhile to draw up a skeletal road map for how you’ll get to where you want to go. The plan will change as you progress and learn more about your customers and competition, but it will still help you stay focused and headed in the right direction.
- Identify the Operational Needs. Where will you purchase the sandblasting grit, sandblasting materials from? Do you require storage? What kind of a vehicle do you require; would you buy it or lease it? Who will answer phone calls from customers? Will you need to accept credit cards? Will your sandblasting equipment supplier provide the technical support that you need, when you need it?
- Don’t procrastinate. If you try to make everything perfect before you launch, you may never get around to starting your business at all. No one ever really has all the pieces in place – even after they’ve started their business. Do your homework but do not procrastinate. Ask your sandblasting equipment supplier as many questions and pick their brains.
- Embrace Digital Marketing. In today’s day and age, even a local business needs a comprehensive digital presence. At a minimum, you need a professional-looking website, an email list of customers and presence on the social media channels. Check with your sandblasting equipment supplier if they can provide a marketing package including brochures, website and SEO services.
- Learn from others. Find mentors, join groups with like-minded people, learn everything you can about your sandblasting industry. Attend industry conferences on abrasive blasting applications. Take training courses from your sandblasting equipment supplier. Find out what sandblasting media is available at competitive prices. You’ll save a tremendous amount of trial and error by learning from people who have been there before.
- Think of what you do as a business. Keep track of income and expenses, keep business money separate from personal funds and understand and forecast your cash flow.
- Put yourself out there. Network in relevant circles and take opportunities to meet people. Most people like to do business with people they know. Get the ball rolling, and keep it rolling by continually reaching out and introducing yourself to new people.
- Get and Stay Organized: You need to stay on top of the different tasks that you need to do every day to make your business a successful one and to keep it running smoothly. One way to stay organized is to keep a to-do list every day to keep track of everything that needs to be done.
- Never stop learning and trying new things. What is profitable now may not necessarily be profitable next year or 10 years from now. Keep your eyes and ears open for new things such as better ways to market your services, targeting new customers/industries, automating some processes and better sourcing of sandblasting products.
- Provide Great Customer Service: You will always have to provide the best possible customer service you can to your customers. The customer is always right and you need to do everything to make them as happy as you can to be able to keep them as a returning customer.
- “Bet on Yourself”: Lastly, we have one important suggestion. You may or may not have experience as an industrial sandblaster or a track record as a business owner. But believe in yourself. Some of us are willing to bet on someone’s claim to a 6-figure income using an online course formula. Or on the other hand, most are unwilling to make a bet on anything and remain stuck in a dreadful job. Whatever you decide to commit to, remember to bet on yourself first.
These are just some tips for starting an online business and making it a successful one. As you get going with your business, you will find other ways to make it a success. Renowned business Guru Guy Vaynerchuk says “There is never a bad time to start a business-unless you want to start a mediocre one”
You can start your own abrasive blasting business using the revolutionary RapidBlast™ abrasive blasting equipment. It is very easy and simple to operate but it is amazing in terms of what it can do. Paint stripping, rust removal, etching, cleaning, surface preparation- it can all be done on a wide range of surfaces. Not only is it versatile but it is incredibly efficient and effective. You need to see it to believe it!
Here is a link to a short video on what is dustless blasting.
In a nutshell, the RapidBlast™ equipment is simple, easy to operate, has a very low cost barrier to entry but it can be very profitable and rewarding. Read the Benefits of starting a mobile blasting business.
Success is doing what you want, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want – Tony Robbins.